Arts & Scraps re-imagines recycled industrial materials to inspire people of all ages and abilities think, create and learn.
They are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in Detroit and founded in 1989. They connect business, education and community; target audience is children living in low income areas.
– Recycle 28 tons of materials each year, serving 275,000 children by assisting 3,300 community organizations and classrooms.
– Receive materials from 190 Detroit area businesses.
– Receive 10,000 volunteer hours from corporations, individuals, youth groups and individuals with disabilities.
– Provide affordable learning and creative experiences through programs at their facility and in SE Michigan.
– Operate a public store, selling materials below their cost to assist all economic levels.
– Sell products online to carry the mission nationwide
– Are entrepreneurial, earning 60% of their expenses through program/product income. This makes them accountable to those we serve.
– Individuals or groups at Arts & Scraps: Help at the store or pack kits/prepare materials at the warehouse
– Individuals or groups around the Detroit Metro area: Help families create projects at public/private events
– Share your special talents: This could range from IT or office assistance to floor maintenance
– Join a committee or short term team: Help develop their organization with your knowledge
–Community service opportunities for groups or individuals: Your time can be at their location, other sites or virtual
Visit Arts & Scraps’ website to find out how you can help.
Volunteer Opportunities: Click here for more information.